[TenTec] Service Polcies

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at verizon.net
Thu Mar 10 19:35:14 EST 2016

Mike, et al,

That sound like a pretty high failure rate for a relatively new radio.
I'm wondering how the reliability of the newer Ten-Tec designs compares
to Elecraft and the big 3 imports.
I can repair my Heath gear and my older, per-microprocessor Ten Tec
gear, but repairing my Paragon or Scout if I can't fix them myself,
would be cost-prohibitive, if even possible, given the rate of component
obsolescence.  Right now, I have the minor loop board out of my Paragon
(again). I think I have it fixed.  Hard to believe, the Paragon is 25
years old, but my HW-100 is 46 years old and it still works great!

                 73 all,

                 Bob WB2VUF