[TenTec] Knob for 229A Tuner

Clayton Brantley clayton_n4ev at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 11:33:33 EST 2016

Gary:  Your friendly TenTec parts supplier in Myrtle Beach has one.  It came in error.I was wanting the large cap knob.  If your knob is split where it contacts the shaft, thereis a fix.  You need a small wire from one of the ties that are on the end of a loaf of breadand tightly wrap and tie it in the recess of the knob.  Then fill that recess with epoxy andthe knob is good to go and better than new.  The knob maker was trying to save a pennyon the knobs by leaving that material out and therefore making the knob prone to breakage.I have used that fix on several TenTec knobs and have not had a failure.

I'll sell you a new knob if that's what you want.  Can't remember what they cost but ...I have your address and can get it out.
Clayton N4EV