[TenTec] Scout troubles

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Mon Mar 14 16:42:56 EDT 2016

The quickest way (but probably not the easiest) would be to try someone else's
known good modules in the Scout and/or try the modules in another Scout/Argo.
Otherwise, the rig/questionable module(s) may need to just sit and "bake" in
the RX position to see if something needs a little time to wake up. A little
more proper contact cleaning with DeOxit might also be in order.

The nice thing is that the Scout architecture isn't "rocket science" so to
speak compared to the current generation of radios and thus is reasonably
easy to troubleshoot/repair....

73 es GL, Al