[TenTec] Anyone parting out Omni A/B/C/D (545/546) rigs?

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Tue May 24 19:01:34 EDT 2016

I picked up an Omni A series B from a SK estate recently. In doing some
preliminary tests for a no audio output issue it appears the LM380 on the
80447 Audio-Sidetone board may have gone kaput. I think there may be a
spare '380 floating around in the parts collection, but the way the IC mounts
with the heatsink soldered to the middle set of ground pins it could be a bit
tedious to change. So, before I tear into it, does anyone have a known good
80477 board they'd be willing to part with for less than an arm and a leg?

TNX/73, Al