[TenTec] Orion II Black Screen

P C Andy Anderson xtraham58 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:17:15 EDT 2016

Bob,

  The exact same thing happened to my Oll in June. I had already replaced the 3 caps on the A-9 board so I checked the voltages and they were ok. The battery had been replaced when I did the 3 caps.

In short, I sent the radio to TT via the procedure they request, obtain  RMA etc.

I am looking at the repair slip. They replaced two 470 uf caps on the cpu board. Also replaced one 16 uh inductor on the DC inverter board.

While there they did alignment of the Recv and Xmtr to factory specs. Test function/ operation,  Test Burn in/ heat rack,   Test Final on air check.

The final bill was $203.65. This does not include shipping to and from.

I am more than pleased with the service dept.

Andy, W3LI