[TenTec] User 1, User 2, etc Settings

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 9 10:30:48 EDT 2016

Thanks to Barry and Carl, both

I googled "PA1AP Orion Backup and Restore" and found it at
https://app.box.com/v/pa1ap.  It will do what I want. I think it does
what NP4Y software does in that it takes a snapshot of the current full
state of the radio except for the memories, which must be stored separately.

I've found that if I leave the rig idle for a few days, I get a master
reset when I turn it back on. The battery was replaced when the rig was
in for service in 2013, so I'm surprised that I'm getting symptoms of
battery failure, but maybe this is simply One of Those Things.  I've
ordered a new battery and will install it as soon as I have the time. In
the interim, at least I can get back to what I had when I turned the rig
off with the PA1AP software.

73,

Kim N5OP