[TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300

Tim tim at ke4ke.com
Thu Sep 15 13:59:25 EDT 2016

Hi,

These happened when I worked in Southeastern Minnesota in radio.

In Faribault, MN, WA0SSN called me up one day asking if I could help
with his 160 and 80 meter reception. The station had a Harris MW-5 on
920 KHz. There was an adjustment on the front for harmonics. So I got on
the phone with him one night and tweaked until he said it was much better.

I also had a guy call in Austin, MN. That station had a Harris MW-5B on
970 KHz. Tweaking that one didn't seem to help any unfortunately.

Tim
KE4KE