[TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Sep 15 16:22:32 EDT 2016

You give up too easily, Bob.

Here you will find schematic, bandpass curves, everything your little heart
desires! (hi)
https://herostechnology.co.uk/pdf/SCR_Preselector_CAT_User_manual_web.pdf

The price is just under 600 GBP or about $800 (700 EUR).

That actually looks pretty good to me!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Katz Ajamas
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:43 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300

I am thinking about a home brew tracking preselector and started looking for
other examples. Then I start to read that the Flex guys appear to be needing
a preselector too! A bit of a surprise. Then I see there is one!

https://herostechnology.co.uk/pages/SCR_Preselector.html

Alas, no schematics so no chance to pick their brains without buying one.
This I will not understand. If someone is going to copy your product, they
will not be deterred by lack of a schematic. They will just buy one and see
how it is built.For the purchaser who is comparing products or the home brew
guy... well, I am reluctant to purchase anything that is not well documents.
I am still a bit pissed off with Tentec for not releasing up to date Eagle
documents.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4