[TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Aug 18 13:55:10 EDT 2017

On 8/17/2017 11:45 PM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> I'm sure it has adjustable timing for the AMP-KEY line and the time it
> generates RF.

Amps that have vacuum relays typically work fine with 8 msec. I don't
know the 418, but the Titan 425 and the Herc II both use vacuum relays,
and work fine with 8 msec. The shortcoming of this is if you work CW
faster than about 30 wpm, the elements are shortened too much. AND, if
you work a LOT of CW in full QSK mode (like contesting), those vacuum
relays wear out in a year or two. Ask me how I know. :) This is NOT an
issue for casual operation.

73, Jim K9YC