[TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Aug 18 15:35:29 EDT 2017

The 418 uses the same T/R relay as the Eagle, the Axicom P2 Relay V23079.
It's rate switching time is 4ms but of course adding the reverse diode, like
with most other relays, can add an additional 2ms to the switching time.
And then when following keying, there can be times that it takes a little
longer due to the arm moving in the wrong direction when the command comes
to reverse directions...etc.
THEREFORE I STAND BY MY STATEMENT, SET TX-DELAY TO 10ms AND YOU WILL BE OK.

According to Barry, who has a lot of experience with Anan, you don't have to
do anything.
This would mean the Anan automatically adds some TX-Delay, just as the eagle
and Argo6 do (17ms).

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 7:55 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418

On 8/17/2017 11:45 PM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> I'm sure it has adjustable timing for the AMP-KEY line and the time it
> generates RF.

Amps that have vacuum relays typically work fine with 8 msec. I don't know
the 418, but the Titan 425 and the Herc II both use vacuum relays, and work
fine with 8 msec. The shortcoming of this is if you work CW faster than
about 30 wpm, the elements are shortened too much. AND, if you work a LOT of
CW in full QSK mode (like contesting), those vacuum relays wear out in a
year or two. Ask me how I know. :) This is NOT an issue for casual
operation.

73, Jim K9YC