[TenTec] POWERING SCOUT VIA BATTERY

Carter k8vt at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 3 07:14:29 EST 2017

On 12/2/2017 11:11 PM, Alan via TenTec wrote:
> IN MY QTH LOCATION NORTH OF SEATTLE WE EXPERIENCE 10-12 POWER  OUTAGES
> ANNUALLY..
>
> I AM THINKING ABOUT RUNNING THE SCOUT FROM A 12V 50 AH SLA AND  TRICKLE
> CHARGER AT 10W POWER LEVEL  ANY SUGGESTIONS REGARDING TRICKLE  CHARGE SIZE?

Not sure about size, don't know if you have much choice -- a "trickle"
is a "trickle".

However, I DO know that you want a type of trickle charger called a
"battery tender". This is an intelligent trickle charger that will not
ultimately boil your battery dry like a conventional trickle charger.
Typically about $20-25 bucks. Look up 'battery tender' on Amazon. (no
connection, they just have a nice selection that will give you an idea
what to look for at your neighborhood auto parts store)

Good luck!

73,
Carter   K8VT