[TenTec] jupiter low RF output on the higher bands

Joe W2KJ w2kj at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 6 16:56:57 EST 2017

Howdy Ten Tec’ers:

A friend of mine has been trying, unsuccessfully so far, to get on the email reflector so I told him I would see if I could get a response to his problem.

His Jupiter puts out 100W from 160M thru 20M….but the output gets progressively lower from 50W out on 17M to just a few watts on 10M.

Is there something in common to those bands that could account for the low output seen?

Is there a tune-upprocedure for the higher bands on the Jupiter?

Could one of the finals be bad causing the drop on the higher bands?

Any info/suggestions are most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

			73, Joe W2KJ