[TenTec] G4PKT SL6440 Omni Product detector mod?

jroberts jroberts at prismnet.com
Wed Feb 15 12:57:51 EST 2017

I ported a request for info on the old G4PKT product detector mod for
Omni V/VI back in 2010.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2010-06/msg00038.html

I figure that it is about time to run the request again, every six or
seven years! hihi

After three years totally off the air, living in a near impossible spot
in Downtown DC, I dug out my old recapped and tweaked up Omni V and
fired it up with a whip on the fire escape.

Man, I love this old radio. Real class rig. I spent many hours with my
nose insoiide the box recapping, adding ferrites, etc. I feel like I
really "own" this one.

I tried most published mods and whipped up a few myself. I'd really like
to give the SL6440 product detector a whirl since I have been dragging
the chip around the country through 3 moves! VA-TX, TX-VA, VA-DC

Anybody have a schematic?

Joe N5KAT