[TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver

Charles Shaw chasshaw at leaco.net
Mon Jan 2 11:59:07 EST 2017

Hi,
	I'm reading from the digest so this info may already have appeared on
the list by the time you see this.

	The Ten-Tec Orion (and I suppose the Orion II) was built with a feature
which was called Panoramic Stereo.  This is NOT the same thing as
diversity reception which requires two antennas feeding two receivers.
Pan-Stereo is accomplished by DSP with one receiver using one antenna.
I no longer have an Orion manual, but I feel certain that this is
covered in those.  Even if not, there was a three-page brochure  by Doug
Smith, KF6DX, then at Ten-Tec, titled 'Panoramic Stereo Reception: The
New CW Advantage'.  He said, "Panoramic stereo is designed for use with
headphones, but you can still appreciate the effect with loudspeakers."
I always used it in CW contests.

	If someone really needs a copy of this, I might be persuaded to scan
and email it.  But, I think the Orion manuals should suffice.

73,
Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM