[TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

Darrell Bellerive ve7iu at runbox.com
Thu Jul 20 11:32:50 EDT 2017

 From page 43 of the Icom IC-7300 manual
(http://www.icomamerica.com/en/downloads/DownloadDocument.aspx?Document=787):

"The IC-7300 has Auto Notch and Manual Notch functions.
Auto Notch:    Used in the SSB, AM and FM modes.
Manual Notch:    Used in the SSB, CW, RTTY and AM modes."

How's things out in right field, Rick? :-)

73, Darrell VE7IU

On 17-07-20 05:08 AM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> 7300? 7600?  > > Icom is selling the older radios at dumping prices because
everybody > wants the new stuff (without manual notch filter). > > I
guess I should have said "every radio designed within the past 5 >
years".... > > However it is indeed possible to have the auto-notch work
within the > AGC loop. My little SKY-SDR QRP transceiver does and its
notch depth > is over 90 dB. It can even notch out two-tone interference
by that > amount, leaving the SSB signal on channel, free and in the
clear. > > And it does not turn on during CW because it would notch
every dit > and dah completely out. > > 73 Rick > > -----Original
Message----- From: TenTec > [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Greg S via > TenTec Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:00 PM To:
Discussion of > Ten-Tec Equipment Cc: Greg S Subject: Re: [TenTec] notch
filter for > Eagle? > > Every ICOM HF rig has a manual and auto notch.
Unfortunately most are > an either/or proposition. Greg, KC8HXO >
-------------------------------------------- On Thu, 7/20/17, >
rick at dj0ip.de <Rick at DJ0IP.de> wrote: > > Subject: Re: [TenTec] notch
filter for Eagle? To: "'Discussion of > Ten-Tec Equipment'"
<tentec at contesting.com> Date: Thursday, July 20, > 2017, 3:30 AM > > You
guys are all out in right field. > > No radio's auto notch filter works
in CW mode. They cannot > distinguish between the useful tone and the
disturbing tone. > > And yes, in that case, a manual notch filter is
indeed better, but > show me a radio built today that has one. > > I
find the Eagle's notch filter effective on SSB. > > 73 Rick, DJ0IP > --
Darrell Bellerive
VE7IU