[TenTec] Omni C tx board 80714

Shawn Upton kb1ckt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 08:04:11 EDT 2017

Picked up a desk mic, but while listening on a separate receiver I noticed a fair amount of carrier. At first I thought 60Hz pickup, but I have it with out any mic wire connected (just a connector with ptt tied to gnd). So I went to adjust the carrier balance, but am confused. The manual has a pic showing the tx board relative to all boards; it looks like what I have. Two trims and a large shielded inductor. And no ic. But the page for the 80713 shows a 1496(? off memory right now) ic and only one trimpot. Which is not what I have.
It looks like a running change, from a discrete design to an ic based one?
Regardless, how do I adjust?

shawn uptonkb1ckt