[TenTec] Orion problems

Steve sswhite at mchsi.com
Tue Sep 26 09:11:41 EDT 2017

Voltages are good at the A( board but I will scope them this morning.  It
has been recapped.  I checked the input to the Logic card of the both the
main and sub receivers and can see them when I apply a 14.250 Mhz signal
to the input.  However, the Sub Rx input level is quite a bit higher than
the main Rx input level.

I too am trying to find the signal path thru the logic board to find out
why the boot sequence will not see the V2 mod.  The V2 Mod is one wire
and two cuts.  I have checked it and the mod is there and correct.  .
Probably should follow the signal path from the mod to the DSP's.  The
previous owner told me he woke up one morning and the radio would no
longer work...

Steve NU0P