[TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI

Reed w4jz at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 21 01:45:32 EDT 2018

Rick, the Corsair II has a mechanical VFO where the Argonaut VI does
not.  Not a fair comparison, in my opinion,  as to which is quieter.  I
hear those very weak pulsing noises as I turn the encoder on several
digital rigs I own with no antenna connected & headphones on.  That
being said, the Argonaut VI VFO is rock solid when first turned on.  I
bet the Corsair is not.  I also bet the Corsair couldn't work FT8!

I don't know if there is a perfect rig!  At least not under $1500 which
I paid close to for a fully loaded KX3 in 2012.  And nope the KX3 is not
perfect! NB is useless on electrical noise as is the Argonaut VI.  36
year old Argosy kills it without degrading receiver, but old analog rig
doesn't do everything else better.

73,

Reed  W4JZ