[TenTec] Jupiter software upgrades

Rodney w3krq at dejazzd.com
Tue Aug 21 22:26:16 EDT 2018

Jupiter update is on the TEN TEC SITE.

-----Original Message-----
From: Winston
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:51 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter software upgrades

I bought a new Jupiter in 2001, when it first came out. Foolishly sold it
about 5 years ago. Today I bought a new (used) one, in good condition, but
with old software. It’s the older model, gray case with green display, like
my original.

My questions:

1. Does Ten Tec still have Jupiter software upgrades on its website?

2. I no longer have a serial port on my computer. Is there a serial to USB
converter cord available? If so, where can I find one? Computer shop, or
does it have to be special for Ten Tec?

3. If I goof download, what is the recovery process?

I used to do downloads and my old radio had latest upgraded software. I’ve
forgotten the process (senior moments) and don’t want to end up with an
expensive door stop!

73, Winston K4CWQ

Sent from my iPhone