[TenTec] Jupiter software upgrades

Winston jones_winston at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 21 20:51:50 EDT 2018

I bought a new Jupiter in 2001, when it first came out. Foolishly sold it about 5 years ago. Today I bought a new (used) one, in good condition, but with old software. It’s the older model, gray case with green display, like my original.

My questions:

1. Does Ten Tec still have Jupiter software upgrades on its website?

2. I no longer have a serial port on my computer. Is there a serial to USB converter cord available? If so, where can I find one? Computer shop, or does it have to be special for Ten Tec?

3. If I goof download, what is the recovery process?

I used to do downloads and my old radio had latest upgraded software. I’ve forgotten the process (senior moments) and don’t want to end up with an expensive door stop!

73, Winston K4CWQ

Sent from my iPhone