[TenTec] Omni 6+ for sale (from last production run)

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 11:00:33 EST 2018

My Omni 6+ is looking for a new home.  This truly exceptional, one of a
kind, radio has one minor issue that will need to be addressed by the new
owner.  The receive signal has an intermittent slight loss in signal
strength.  I know the issue lies somewhere after the front end board
because it does not occur on the 9MHz IF signal.  So the new owner should
be prepared to do a little troubleshooting.

Now for the good news about this radio.  It is from the VERY LAST
production run, serial number 08C10011 and is cosmetically in mint
condition.

Other features:

1.       optional trim ring has been added to the tuning knob

2.       9Mhz IF output has been added using Clifton Labs buffer board (see
http://omni6.wikidot.com/panadapt) - I've used it with an SDRplay RSP1
(available with rig)

3.       Inrad Audio mod installed

4.       A DSP Bypass Mod (custom designed PCB) for full fidelity ssb rx
audio has been installed (see http://omni6.wikidot.com/rxaudio) but is
easily reversed/removed if desired.

Optional filters available with rig:

1.       Inrad Roofing Filter Mod with  #765 600hz filter

2.       Inrad #754 2800hz 9MHz IF

3.       Inrad #753 400hz 9MHz If

4.       Ten-Tec #221 250hz 9MHz IF (for 500hz sidetone – this filter is
VERY rare)

5.       Inrad #755 2800hz 6.3MHz IF

6.       Inrad #757 2400hz 10-pole 6.3MHz IF

7.       Inrad #758 2100hz 6.3MHz IF

8.       Inrad #750 400hz 6.3MHz IF

9.       Inrad #751 250hz 6.3MHz IF

A very late production, mint condition 962 power supply is also available;
also a nice 705 microphone.  The Omni 6+ comes in an original factory
shipping box with original manual.

Please email me directly if you are seriously interested in purchasing the
radio and troubleshooting/repairing the rx issue.  The filters etc will not
be sold until after the radio is sold so please don’t email me about them.

73, Barry N1EU