[TenTec] Omni - C Finals

Ken Brown kenradiobrown at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 15:47:58 EST 2018

Until you connect it to an RF wattmeter and a 50 Ohm termination (dummy
load) everything is just guess work. The MFJ tuner may have a semi-accurate
forward power indicator. If you had logged the readings before, so you
could compare with now it would be useful. Even so it must be into a known
trusted load, such as a 50 Ohm termination. There are too many things that
can go wrong with an antenna system to trust it for before and after
comparisons of your transmitter power output. You should also be measuring
DC supply voltage and current, preferably to just the final power
amplifier, but the total radio DC consumption is also useful.

DE N6KB