[TenTec] Mic Wiring

Greg S oldlongbeard at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 10:49:54 EST 2018

Bill-
I think the Omni C still had a high impedance mic input.... which means your dynamic Midland mic probably won't have enough output to drive the mic amplifier. One could wire it up, and try it out, though. I always open the mic case and figure out how the mic is wired internally, and that will determine what wire goes to which: TRS on the phone plug. If you don't have the ability to do that, maybe ask around at a local club meeting, and ask if someone is willing to teach you. It's a great skill to have, to be able to wire up different mics to your rig. If I were closer, I would gladly work through it with you over a couple cups of coffee ;-). Enjoy your Omni C, and let us hear it on some of the many TenTec user nets on the air. just look up K3UR on QRZ.... you will find a list of net times/frequencies. ALL are welcome!

Kind regards,
Greg in West Mitten, KC8HXO