[TenTec] Ten-Tec 228 vs 229 Ant Tuner

Winston jones_winston at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 23 14:53:19 EST 2018

The model 228 was a 200-watt tuner, with SWR meter and sliding coil contact, much smaller. I think you meant to say 238, which is later version of 229, as others have mentioned.
I once bought a used 4229 kit version, which didn’t work. Sent to Ten Tec repair, they said builder had wired switch backwards.

73, Winston K4CWQ

Sent from my iPhone