[TenTec] Help needed with Omni VI-op 3

Bob Good k4bg at planters.net
Wed Jul 4 11:53:02 EDT 2018

I recently developed a weird malfunction in the Omni VI Op-3.  I hear strong CW signals on all bands presented as raspy “white” noise listening anywhere on the band.  I can copy their sending and can locate the the source signal frequency.  It is as if they were terribly overdriving their signal creating band wide spurs.  I hear the same on LSB and USB.  In my 25 years with Omni’s, I’ve never experienced this.  I have the covers off ready to dig in with the deoxit but that’s a lot of connectors.  If any one recognizes this problem, please guide me to the likely problem area before I go further.  This old old old timer thanks you.  QRZ info is current.  Regards,  Bob K4BG, Sylvania, GA