[TenTec] Omni6 intermittent fault

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Sun Jun 24 13:08:36 EDT 2018

Sounds like time to clean connectors.  This generally applies to all
radios which are 10+ years old.   Never spray anything into the radio!!!

Using a cotton swab such as a Q-Tip, apply contact cleaner to the cotton
swab, unplug one cable, and wipe the male pin(s).  The plug in the cable
and unplug it a couple of times to provide wiping action of the female
contacts.  Usually this corrects 90% or more of all issues and the radio
is good for another 10+ years.

73

Bob, K4TAX