[TenTec] Orion 2 Noise Blanker Question

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Fri Jun 29 22:52:59 EDT 2018

In general the Noise Blanker acts only on repetitive pulse noise.  It does little to nothing on random noise.  And if you are working a strong station, the NB should be off.  Otherwise the peaks trigger the Blanker.
Narrow bandwidth filters have group delay that activates the Blanker as repetitive pulsed.  A wider filter allows the Blanker to be more effective.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone