[TenTec] ten tec arguant 5

Carlos carlos.peco at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:18:06 EST 2018

Hi Lee,

I have an Argonaut VI at home, and an Argonaut V on the way from the US.

The Argonaut VI, taking low level audio from the rear DIN connector
and using an external amplified speaker, and tweaking the RF Gain and
the PBT (I like hearing audio from 100 to 2400 Hz using the smallest
amount of RF amplification possible) provides the quietest and more
pleasant audio of all the radios I have / ever had. The only one that
gets close is the K2 (I have one) and the Corsair II.

But this is just a subjective opinion based in my personal
preferences. The other day I was with a guy who had an FT-857D and he
thought it was a great radio.

I have been getting rid of my Japanese/Chinese gear and buying
Ten-Tec/Elecraft, so I'm a bit biased.

73,
Carlos VK1EA