[TenTec] Orion 2 SUB receiver Question

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 19:20:55 EST 2019

You can also just run a small rg174 coax from the sub-receiver antenna
connection to the spare jack.  Then select no antenna at all for the sub
and connect an antenna for the sub to the spare jack.

This is exactly how I use an SDRplay as a panadapter with my Orion.

I have this written up in the manual for my N4PY Orion software.  You
can download this manual from my website at n4py.com

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 2/28/2019 6:53 PM, wa8wzg at wa8wzg.net wrote:
> Thans Carl,, Looking at it now,,
> Thanks
> Tom
> N7gp
> ex WA8WZG
>

> On 2019-02-28 16:13, Carl Moreschi wrote:
>> The antenna connection to the sub-receiver is very obvious when you
>> look at the sub-receiver. You can pull the connector and put another
>> on there that goes to the spare jack in the back. That will do it.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Carl Moreschi N4PY
>> 58 Hogwood Rd
>> Louisburg, NC 27549
>> www.n4py.com
>>
>> On 2/28/2019 3:38 PM, wa8wzg at wa8wzg.net wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a Mod or even a thought of a way to add a second
>>> RECEIVE only port for the Sub receiver,.On an Orion 2,. at present I can
>>> only use Ant 2 to select a diversity receive antenna to the SUB
>>> receiver..but was wanting to use antenna 2 for another antenna on a
>>> different band ,so dont want to tie up Antenna 2 jack for diversity
>>> receive.
>>> I dont care if any mod would allow the sub receiver to only have the
>>> separate receive port,, I only use sub receiver for diversity..
>>> Any thoughts would be appreciated..
>>> Thanks
>>> Tom
>>> N7GP