[TenTec] TEN TEC REPAIR

K3GHH k3ghh at arrl.net
Wed Jan 23 20:11:09 EST 2019

After I packed my vacation-QTH Eagle improperly and damaged one of the
front-panel controls, I emailed TenTec for an RMA and shipped the radio
to them, advised of a 6- to 8-week time frame.

The radio was returned to me in about 5 weeks. The technician who very
kindly telephoned to expect delivery said the control was replaced and
the transceiver was aligned and generally gone over. I haven't taken it
out of the box yet; as I say, this is my vacation rig and I don't use it
here at home.

The price was reasonable and as expected. Overall, a good experience.

--
-- John K3GHH

On 1/23/19 6:03 PM, Michael Goins wrote:
> TenTec repair has now had my Omni VII for 11 weeks. Is anyone else having
> trouble with updates, general information, ec. regarding a rig there? When
> I enquire, I get the "it's in the due, or on someone's desk, or the
> original email agani "It takes X weeks, etc.
>
> All I know is it was on some technician's workbench weeks ago.
>
> Getting REALLY concerned.
>
> Mike, k5wmg
> BELLA GREEN BED AND BREAKFAST <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v>

-- John K3GHH