[TenTec] Omni D - possible VFO rebuild in my future

tfr001 at myfairpoint.net tfr001 at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jan 27 15:32:39 EST 2019

So I have an Omni D. Lately, the VFO knob has been getting much stiffer. It will sort of freeze wherever you leave it overnight... the next day, it will be very hard cranking and it seems like you have to crank it many, many more revolutions just to get it to move freq at all. If I crank it up and down the entire bandwidth, it will be servicable for the day, but next day back to the same thing.

So am I looking at a rebuild here? Or maybe just a re-lube?
I have not attempted to open the VFO before this... and sort of dreading it now.

-Tom N1OOQ