[TenTec] Omni D "tranceive/receive" switch

tfr001 at myfairpoint.net tfr001 at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jun 16 18:16:36 EDT 2019

Hi All,
I was having some intermittent receive problems with my Omni D, so I starting fiddling with that "tranceive/receive" switch on the back. That seemed to help, but.... the bloody thing broke loose from the back of the radio and fell inside! It's now dangling by the wires inside the compartment with all of the lowpass filters. It was apparently held in place by a piece of plastic that broke. Looks like a real pain to get at. Any shortcuts here? I'm probably going to have to dis-assemble part of the chassis to get at it. I have had the lowpass filter board out before... that was a pain, too... you have to dis-assemble the band switch. The good news is I can get it to receive, at least a test signal, by wiggling the switch around down in there, so the problem was apparently something to do with that.
-Tom N1OOQ