[TenTec] Friend in NC has Omni VI trouble

dukeshifi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 14:54:20 EDT 2019

Rig has no audio output in CW mode, appears to put out signal but no signal is heard - Ken suggested that you check USB, but you post suggests you already have done that. However, it is unclear what the result was. You said your friend could HEAR you but could not copy you. What do you mean? Were signals too weak or was he on USB and you were trying to be heard transmitting LSB? That’s not going to work. What happens if you are on transmitting on USB and he is listening on USB? If he still can’t “copy” you then you have other issues. Otherwise the LSB/CW BFO is a good thing to check.
is heard. Does this even with key plug removed. Also, you say it appears that the radio appears to put out signal but  but no signal is heard. Could you clarify this?

While this is happening, if he switches to USB, rig seems to work, ie he
could hear me on sked this morning in the USB position but couldn't
actually copy.

Numerous basic tests have been done. Thinking it a relay )as once it did
work ok after this occurred, but no longer) I asked him to drop it from a
couple inches to the table! No luck.- What you are experiencing does not sound like a relay problems.

Writing this I realize I haven't asked him if it works ok in USB mode. but
apparently it might. - ????

Gary