[TenTec] Omni-C Power Switch Challenge

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 16:24:10 EST 2019

The power switch has NO internal connections inside the rig. It was used to switch the mains or AC power on and off inside the separate Power Supply. I just use the switch on my Ten Tec recommended AIRPAX Twenty Amp Magnetic Circuit Breaker. This is a very fast twenty amp breaker, needed to protect the radio. There is No SWR Fold Back of any other protection for the finals. So when using a non TT  power supply. In theory and practice, Keying into a high SWR, no Antenna, or anything that might cause the rig over twenty amps. Causes this circuit breaker to trip. This saves the finals and other circuits inside the rig. I feel like such a dinosaur for knowing that.....
                     73 de Wade/KJ4WS