[TenTec] Lubricating Orion II Heat Sink Fan

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 13 00:01:58 EDT 2019

I have an Orion II with the optional fan on the heat sink. Recently, it
began to make noise, so I lubricated everything I could get to. That
seems to not have solved the problem: it still makes noise, sometimes a
lot. Any wise words about how to do about getting oil where it needs to
be? Barring that, does anyone have the model number for a drop-in
replacement?

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." //– Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it
doesn’t matter who said it./