[TenTec] 707 wiring

Bob McGraw K4TAX rmcgraw at blomand.net
Sat Oct 12 22:04:54 EDT 2019

This is a dynamic mike which, like most all dynamics, exhibit noticeable
proximity effect.  That is , the closer the mike to the mouth, the more
bottom end.   Also, as I recall, the element is closer to the bottom of
the mike.  I've found a distance of about one fist or about 4",
mike-to-mouth, is typically a good working distance and always directly
on axis to the front of the mike. Closer mike-to-mouth distance lends to
a bit too much bottom end.

I've found that correct mike gain in the radio thus correct ALC level,
correct speech processing level, and correct mike technique will beat
all amounts of EQ.

73

Bob, K4TAX