[TenTec] Jupiter sweep/sensitivity question

Ed Lawson elawson at grizzy.com
Wed Feb 5 08:18:54 EST 2020

Recently I noticed my Jupiter operates in an odd way.  I
believe it may have always done this since I bought it used.
Basically, when I activate the sweep feature and it completes the
sweep two things seem to happen.  First, the background noise and
signals seem to go up suggesting an increase in sensitivity.  Second,
the S-meter seems to provide more accurate readings as opposed to
registering a continuously high value.

Radio works fine except for this anomaly and was checked out by Ten-Tec
awhile back for other reasons.

Curious if others have experienced the same thing.  Perhaps I am
missing a setting that causes this behavior, but it suggests a software
glitch to me.

Thank you for any insights.

--
Ed Lawson