[TenTec] HELP! Eagle Tuning Problem

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 1 15:54:14 EST 2020

Within all the useful advice has (mostly) been an assumption the problem must be in the tuner. I’m skeptical of that. I suspect it’s something to do with a connection to the antenna, a connector, or as others have said, a jumper. I think you said the antenna SWR is 2.6:1 so there may be a current loop somewhere that gets hot enough to cause connection problems.

As a quick test: when the tuner wigs out, quickly switch to a dummy load. If you get a match with no odd behavior, it’s not the tuner.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith