[TenTec] Cleaning

Gary Follett dukeshifi at comcast.net
Wed Jan 1 20:49:42 EST 2020

Ya’ know, it takes about 15 minutes to completely remove the front panel from an Omni VI.

Take the panel off, spray the separated pieces with Windex, rub a bit with your fingers (no abrasives allowed), rinse in warm water and dry with Kleenex. The thing will look new and nothing gets into the radio.

Same deal for the knobs, but use a toothbrush on the knurls to get the finger “yuck” off them.

Use a little 3M “Finish Line” gently on the plastic display cover, taking care to not rub the lettering off. You don’t need to polish the lettered side anyway since it has been protected so only polish the front of that piece. Rinse with warm water to get the polish off. Dry with Kleenex and blow the Kleenex dust off.

Using this process, the radio will look new and no harmful stuff gets close to the radio’s inner parts.

Gary

W0DVN