[TenTec] Orion II Won't Power Up

Gary Follett dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sat Jan 18 23:34:39 EST 2020

Unfortunately Ten. Tec did not chose to offer pictorials of the boards.

You are left to use your ohmmeter as your guide. Just connect one end to the fuse and probe around for things that look like diodes that show continuity to the fuse. You will need to remove the I/O board from the radio to do much searching.

This is not as bad as it sounds. I can get one out in about 20 minutes. However, first check for voltage on J8 when you operate the power switch. That way we know that the turn on signal is getting to the board before you do all that work.

Lots of SMD stuff here, not a lot of fun...

Gary