[TenTec] Eagle com port problems with usb uart

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Thu Nov 19 21:54:57 EST 2020

The port settings should be 57600, 8 bit, 1 stop, no parity.  You can do
this from Device Manager.   While monitoring Device Manager, expand the
COM & LPT ports,  Plug in the USB cable from the Eagle and turn on the
radio.  The port should automatically open.  If there is a red flag on
the port line, that says the drivers did not correctly install.   If so,
then to Advanced for that port and select delete drivers.   Then select
Update drivers and select from computer.  That should install the
drivers.  Turn the radio off and then back on.  You should see the port
go away when you turn the radio off.  And you should see the port be
re-assigned when you turn the radio on.

If the drivers are not on the computer, then go to the Tentec.COM
website, to Products, to Transceivers, and to Eagle.  Scroll down to
documentation and you will find the correct drivers.   Use the procedure
to copy these from the Tentec site to the computer Desktop.   From there
using Device Manager you can install the drivers.  From there you will
need to re-start the computer for the new drivers to take effect.

I've never found that Windows updated or removed or had written over my
drivers.

All of this presumes you are NOT using other software such as a logging
application to control the radio.  And this presumes the radio USB cable
connects direct from the radio to the computer, no router, no splitter,
or such.

Having done this many times, it does work reliably.   What I've found
challenging is the fact there are some 100 different versions {not
updates} of Windows 10 in English.  It is difficult to "see" your
computer and your screen and give exact step by step, click by click
instruction.   I've really found that Windows 10 Pro or 64 bit is quite
solid and reliable and that updates, which I allow to automatically
occur, do not cause issues.

You may find better information on Tentec Eagle at Groups.IO in the
Messages and Files section.   This site is specifically for the Tentec
Eagle.

73

Bob, K4TAX

https://www.avg.com