[TenTec] PTO Grease

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Sun Nov 22 07:12:28 EST 2020

The trick is finding synthetic open gear grease that isn't prohibitively expensive.  Today, I would not consider a PTO rebuild without synthetic grease.  Otherwise, you're back to a rebuild at some point in the future.  With synthetic, you'll never need a rebuild as a result of the grease drying out.

I've found several DuPont Molykote alternatives, the most inexpensive being about $30 for a small tube.  However, I don’t know if it has the required "tackiness" needed in this application.  If anyone has a source for synthetic open gear grease, please pass it along.

Paul, W9AC