[TenTec] Argosy II problem

Reuben Burch wa4zen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:00:24 EDT 2020

I had asked about a problem where my Argosy II "jumps" frequency
randomly. I happened upon an article in the November 1986 issue of Ham
Radio titled "Upgrading the Tentec Argosy" where this issue is briefly
addressed. The author, KW7CD, indicates that this isn't a mechanical
problem and that, at the time, Tentec would swap your bad PTO for one
that doesn't have the problem for a fee. He doesn't mention the cause
of the problem nor the fix. Is anyone familiar with this? What was
done to the PTO to fix the problem?

73,
Reuben
WA4ZEN