[TenTec] Centurian data points.

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Wed Feb 24 10:48:12 EST 2021

Depends on the dummy load.  Good quality loads stay very close to their
R values when cold to hot.  While others will usually migrate up in R
value.   The air cooled loads are more prone, from my experience, to
change more and at a faster rate than liquid cooled loads.

I've three different loads, one is a Bird 1.5 kW forced air cooled load
that is quite stable.   One can buy a nice new transceiver for what one
of these costs.  And then there are the two "gallon bucket" loads with
mineral oil or transformer oil. These do increase in R value about 10%
from ambient to quite warm.  The one with transformer oil is more stable
than the one with mineral oil.  There are a number of good quality used
commercial loads on the market.
https://www.nm3e.com/loadSampler.htm#LoadSampler

I've given thought to getting a new empty gallon paint can, making some
fins from copper sheeting and soldering these around the can in order to
improve conduction to the air.   That of course is one of my "
'round-to-it" projects.

73

Bob, K4TAX