[TenTec] Argo V RF issues

Dirk Esterline esterline.dj.t at northmen.org
Fri Jan 15 08:08:33 EST 2021

Hello all,
I have a Ten Tec 516 that has RF getting into the signal on SSB and CW. A
buddy of mine thinks he has the problem tracked down but we need some
information on some of the parts. Here is what he said:

"I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with the RF choke on the
PA (maybe shorted?). Think it's L6 (schematic blurry). Don't think it's
L2-4 as seems to be too much RF getting on the power line.  I can figure
out the number of turns and  gauge wire but not sure of the core
material (type 43?).  Can't find any information on that part.  Even if
I knew the inductance I could reverse engineer it  from there.

Just wondering, even though this is old and Ten-Tec has changed hands,
if they would have info  on L1-8 on the PA board?  Might as well get all
the coil info, just in case."

Anybody have that information? I feel like we are so close. I am going to
do cartwheels if we can finally get the rig going.

Thanks guys!
73
KG8JK