[TenTec] [TentecOrionSeries] Orion II and KPA500

James Owen k4cgy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 20:17:29 EST 2021

DX engineering sells  a decoder but not sure it will do what you want. I have an Orion II that I use with a SPE Expert 1.3k-FA and it takes the band info from the serial port. Also the SPE has a frequency counter and will switch bands when it see a different frequency from what band is set.  My biggest problem, if it is, I have the serial port driving both the amplifier and the computer input to the logging program.  If the logging program is not active the serial port will not switch the linear and have to let it switch by measuring the frequency.
73 Jim K4CGY

James C. Owen, III K4CGY

    On Saturday, January 16, 2021, 7:01:40 PM EST, Barry Simpson - VK2BJ <vk2bj.au at gmail.com> wrote:

 | Gooday all
I use my Orion II with my KPA500 and usually try to manually switch bands rather than rely on the RF sensing.
I would really like to use the band information output from the Orion II to automatically switch bands on the KPA500.
Does anybody know of a band decoder which is compatible with both pieces of equipment or alternatively has anyone designed something home brew to achieve the purpose.
Barry Simpson  VK2BJ |

 _._,_._,_  Groups.io Links:

 View/Reply Online (#289) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
 Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [k4cgy at yahoo.com]

_._,_._,_