[TenTec] Ten Tec Argo V repair

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Tue Jan 26 23:10:14 EST 2021

There is the physical value of a radio and then there is the sentimental
value of a radio.   Clearly in most cases the sentimental value is much
much greater than the physical value. Of course when one needs to get a
radio repaired or when one wants to sell a radio, the sentimental value
goes to $0.00 for the buyer.   Likewise for the fellow doing the repairs.

I repaired radios for years for $25/hr, then $35/hr, then $50/hr and
finally $75/hr.   The time/labor was a small part of the the price.  It
was the test equipment required being the main reason for the price
increases.   One can no longer repair a radio with a Black Beauty
soldering iron or a Weller soldering gun and a Simpson 260 VOM.

Yes, we are into a throw-away world.

73

Bob, K4TAX

https://www.avg.com