[TenTec] Ten Tec Argo V repair

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Wed Jan 27 10:58:10 EST 2021

Another issue is the specialized parts required. I’m not talking microprocessors and the like, I’m talking about dc-dc inverters, lcd screen drivers, audio amplifiers and on and on.

You could repair a Omni C with nothing more than a mouser part order—you can’t do that nowadays.

Sources and stocking those oddball parts would be an expensive undertaking, and would drive up the repair costs.

I’m not sure and might be shooting from the hip, but I’d guess that Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood repairs are nothing more than swapping out a bad board for a new one. I’m not sure they do component level repair like Ten Tec does (did!)

Way, way back, I did some apple computer repair on the side. Apple’s service policy was simple: Try this. Try that. Replace mother board.

Mike Bryce
prosolar at sssnet.com

"The eye is always caught by the light, but shadows have more to say"