[TenTec] Proper TenTec 960 power Supply Schematic

Radio AI2Q ai2q at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 4 08:59:06 EDT 2021

Hi DJ,

I suggest you use your ohmmeter (preferably a COM)  to check the
junctions of the bipolar transistors in the regulator circuit. Check
devices from base to collector and base to emitter. Your readings should
be low forward and high in reverse. You'll need to use a meter that
provides a volt or so on its test leads in the ohmmeter position. Check
from emitter to collectors, too. That should reveal any shorts. If
likely good your readings should be high both ways. Do the same tests on
the diodes, even the Zener diodes.

Needless to say, be sure the supply is off and the filter caps are
discharged before making these tests.

Vy 73, /AI2Q/, Alex