[TenTec] OMNI 6

Bob McGraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Sat Mar 6 10:03:35 EST 2021

John:

I've owned several of the Paragon radios.   I really like the way they
perform and the way they sound, both on RX and TX. However,  I've found
that they take an inordinate amount of time to maintain and repair.   To
wit, in more than one case I've experienced a PLL UNLOCK issue.  I tried
several suggested approaches and found they may work, or may work for a
little while.  The final solution.........entirely de-populate the PLL
board, clean and plate the copper and then put the parts back in
place.   Now you talk about time consuming........but it works. That's
what it takes to permanently resolve the PLL UNLOCK issue.   Everything
else is a band-aid.

Sorry, can't help on the Argonaut 516 other than to say there is a
Argonaut group on the GROUPS.IO site.  You might try there.

73

Bob, K4TAX